Goldman School of Dental Medicine – Construction Update – 7/9/21
On Tuesday, July 6, 2021, GSDM received approval from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health to begin patient care in the Phase 4 sixth-floor patient treatment center.
This means that GSDM will now officially open and welcome a full day of patients in the newly renovated sixth-floor patient treatment center on Monday, July 12. Within the patient treatment center will be twenty new Dentsply Sirona dental chairs, with associated equipment, including scanners, x-rays, and Global microscopes serving two GSDM Group Practices. Also in the new space is a dispensary, dental laboratories—including a Carbon 3D printer—consultation rooms, student lockers, and a patient reception and waiting area.
This will be the last official weekly update for the project.
During the weekend of July 10:
- There will be no work on-site this weekend.
During the week starting July 12:
- With most of the work now completed for the overall addition and renovation project, crews will complete their final punch list of tasks in the interior and on the exterior of the school.
- The last of the remaining exterior light poles will be installed in the North Lot near the end of the week. Recommissioning of the exterior lighting on and around the building will also take place around this time.
- Construction crews will begin demobilizing from the site. While the construction team will not have a daily presence on site, they will return to the site periodically this summer to perform scheduled work throughout the building, which will be coordinated with GSDM in advance.
Please consult these additional resources as needed:
- GSDM COVID-19 information: http://www.bu.edu/dental/covid-19-information/. This web page is a repository of all communications issued to the school community by the GSDM leadership. It also includes links to the Boston University and Boston University Medical Campus COVID-19 websites.
We want to thank the entire GSDM community for its patience and support starting in March of 2018 as we worked through the four phases of the GSDM addition and renovation project.