Goldman School of Dental Medicine – Construction Update – 6/4/21
During the weekend of June 5:
- On Sunday, June 6, from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m., a crew will be testing the building’s sprinkler system’s main supply pipes in the stairwells. This will require water flowing from these pipes through hoses that will run onto the roof, as well as hoses that will run along the first floor to the sidewalk and street. These hoses will be removed once the testing is completed. Please be aware of signage and safety provisions in place that identify where the hoses may create a tripping hazard.
During the week starting June 7:
- The project has now achieved a formal certificate of occupancy for the final phase of the building addition and renovation project. The next step toward the “first patient” milestone will be to file with the Department of Public Heath for their approval to begin actual patient care.
- With most of the work now completed in the sixth-floor patient treatment center, crews will continue working through their final punch list of tasks, including a final cleaning throughout the space.
- Exterior work along Albany Street will also continue, completing the restoration of landscaping and hardscape areas between the patient entrance and the loading dock on Albany Street.
Please consult these additional resources as needed:
- GSDM COVID-19 information: http://www.bu.edu/dental/covid-19-information/. This web page is a repository of all communications issued to the school community by the GSDM leadership. It also includes links to the Boston University and Boston University Medical Campus COVID-19 websites.
We hope that you remain safe and healthy as we continue the final phase of the GSDM addition and renovation project.