Goldman School of Dental Medicine – Construction Update – 5/28/21
During the weekend of May 29:
- There will be no work on-site this weekend.
During the week starting May 31:
- Due to the Memorial Day holiday, there will be no work on-site on Monday, May 31.
- Following the successful inspection of the life-safety elements of the existing sixth-floor patient treatment center last week, the project has achieved a formal certificate of occupancy for the final phase of the addition and renovation project. The next step toward the “first patient” milestone will be to file with the Department of Public Health for their survey and approval to begin actual patient care.
- With most of the work now completed in the sixth-floor patient treatment center, crews will continue working through their final punch list of tasks and completing the final cleaning throughout the space. In the evenings, workers will continue to complete repairs and finishing touches in areas typically occupied during the day.
- The majority of the site work tasks have now been completed. The construction site fence and jersey barriers have been removed, and the sidewalk has been reopened along Albany Street. A crew will continue exterior work along Albany Street, completing the restoration of landscape and hardscape areas between the patient entrance and the loading dock.
Please consult these additional resources as needed:
- GSDM COVID-19 information: http://www.bu.edu/dental/covid-19-information/. This web page is a repository of all communications issued to the school community by the GSDM leadership. It also includes links to the Boston University and Boston University Medical Campus COVID-19 websites.
Please be sure to note all directional signage and markings both inside and outside the GSDM building.
We hope that you remain safe and healthy as we continue the final phase of the GSDM addition and renovation project.