Goldman School of Dental Medicine – Construction Update – 5/14/21
During the weekend of May 15:
- On Saturday, a crane will be set up within the construction site fence on the Albany Street side of the GSDM building, to support the installation of the new loading dock rolling gate. Once put in place by the crane, the gate will be installed with the help of ironworkers.
During the week starting May 17:
- There will be no night-shift work this week.
- With most of the work now completed in the sixth-floor patient treatment center, crews will be performing punchlist work and cleaning throughout the space.
- With final plumbing and electrical inspections completed last week, the project’s next milestone will be the final building inspection by City of Boston Inspectional Services, anticipated by the end of this week.
- Exterior work along Albany Street will continue. With the new loading dock rolling gate put in place over the weekend, the installation of decorative panels around the area will occur at the beginning of the week. This will be followed by the removal of the jersey barriers and reopening of the sidewalk on Albany Street.
Please consult these additional resources as needed:
- GSDM COVID-19 information: http://www.bu.edu/dental/covid-19-information/. This web page is a repository of all communications issued to the school community by the GSDM leadership. It also includes links to the Boston University and Boston University Medical Campus COVID-19 websites.
Please be sure to note all directional signage and markings both inside and outside the GSDM building.
We hope that you remain safe and healthy as we continue the final phase of the GSDM addition and renovation project.