2014 Annual Create to Innovate for Cancer Care Hackathon
Hosted by Center for Future Technologies in Cancer Care at Boston University
What: Hackathon and prototyping event focused on cancer care!
When: October 3, 2014, 5 pm to October 4, 2014 9 pm
Who: Anyone and Everyone! Engineers, Scientists, Clinicians, Students, Hackers and More.
$1500 Cash Prize and 1 Year of Alpha Core Access
$1000 Cash Prize
Team Cancer Counter
$500 Cash Prize
Team Cancer Cuddle
*All winners must email email@example.com to claim prizes.
Teams of 4-6 individuals
What do we expect from you?
- Devices do not have to be functioning. They only have to look like what the device would be.
- Digital and mobile creations do not have to be function. Screen shots of what would be the app or program would be fantastic!
- We want to see that your team had fun and put effort into your team’s creation.
A Short 5 Minute Video
- Remember to tell us who you are! Team name and individual team names.
- Why is your device important and relevant to Cancer Care?
- Who does it impact?
- Is it a Point-of-Care device?
- What does your prototype do? If it is a device, show us how it functions. If it is a digital app or program, describe to us what it would do.
- Label all video files accordingly: teamname_productname_lastnamesofteammembers.mov
- Place files into Dropbox folder
Parking and Transportation
Parking is available overnight for $24 at the lot listed below:
808 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
Take the MBTA Green B line to Boston University Central
(Subject to change)
|04:45 PM||Check-in and Arrival|
|05:15 PM||Opening Talk|
|05:30 PM||Invited Guest Speaker – Lisa Quintiliani, Boston Medical Center, School of Medicine|
|06:00 PM||Networking and Discovering Ideas Session|
|07:00 PM||IDEA Board Discussion and Idea Spitfire session|
|07:00 PM||Hackathon Begins!|
|12:00 AM||Midnight Pizza|
|06:30 PM||Submission Due in 30 Mins|
|07:00 PM||Hackathon Ends|
|07:10 PM||Presentations Begin|