Apply & Audition
Admissions Application Information
- The admissions application is hosted by Acceptd. The application deadline has passed, although BUTI accepts late applications and reviews them on a space available basis.
- One recommendation is required. The application will collect your recommender’s name and contact information and will solicit your recommendation from this person upon submission of your application.
- If you would like to apply for scholarship, you may do so within the admissions application.
- If you are also applying to a degree program at BU School of Music, you may opt to utilize your BU School of Music audition for BUTI admissions purposes. You must, however, still fill out the BUTI admissions application.
- Your application is not complete until the $80 application fee is paid. If you’re a current BU student, you qualify for a reduced application fee of $30 when applying for a two-week workshop! After you’ve filled out your application and you’re ready to submit, contact us to get your reduced application fee.
- For technical assistance or if you forget your user name and password, please contact the Acceptd support team from the login page of the online application. BUTI administration does not have access to user’s login information.
- BUTI recommends unaccompanied auditions for instrumental auditions. If an instrumentalist chooses to use a pianist for their audition, however, they will not be penalized. Vocalists are required to audition with piano accompaniment. BUTI does not provide accompanists.
- Harp and percussion applicants must audition with a recorded audition and should not schedule a live audition.
- BUTI is only accepting recorded auditions at this time.
- Video recordings are strongly preferred to audio recordings.
- Your recorded audition may be submitted in either one long video file or in multiple video files. BUTI does not require or prefer one method or the other.
- Your recorded audition video(s) will be uploaded to your admissions application.
Audition guidelines and requirements can be downloaded below.