Student galleries at CFA provide both undergraduate and graduate students an opportunity to show their work throughout the CFA building and across campus. Students gain professional experience by proposing and organizing shows, and exhibiting their work across venues and contexts. Check back regularly to see what’s on view.
The Commonwealth Gallery is currently closed due to ongoing construction projects at the College of Fine Arts.
The Commonwealth Gallery is a dedicated setting for graduate students in the School of Visual Arts to show their work in a professional exhibition space. The gallery features solo and group exhibitions on a rotating basis throughout each academic year. Visit the Commonwealth Gallery
A student-run exhibition space in the College of Fine Arts Building, Gallery 5 provides undergraduate students in the School of Visual Arts the opportunity to submit proposals, curate exhibitions, and exhibit their work in solo and group shows. Visit Gallery 5
Fall 2020/Spring 2021 exhibitions
- September 9–October 9: CFA Pop-Up “Your Work Here” (featuring work by SVA students made during quarantine)
- October 18–31: SVA Pop-Up (featuring work by SVA students to spread awareness about voting)
- November 1–7: Katie Schuldenberg and Alessandro LoPresti (BFA Painting sophomores)
- November 8–14: Contemporary Issues Seminar I (led by Lucy Kim)
- November 15–21: Senior Graphic Design Studio (led by James Grady)
- November 29 – December 5: Ran He (BFA Painting senior)
- December 6–January 23: Ruby Schwat and Matthew Guattery (BFA Painting seniors)
- January 31–February 6: Mai-Han Nguyen (BFA Printmaking senior) and Qiu Yu Hong Lu (BFA Painting senior)
- February 7–13: Rebecca Martin (BFA Painting senior) and Henry Louris (BFA Painting, Printmaking senior)
- February 21–27: Brianna Howard (BFA Painting, Printmaking junior) and Juliette Plante (BFA Sculpture junior)
- February 28–March 6: Ken Rudolph (BFA Graphic Design junior), Mei Asada (BFA Graphic Design junior), and Natalie Bolton (BFA Graphic Design senior)
- March 7–13: Molly German (BFA Painting senior) and Abby Fenn (BFA Painting, Graphic Design senior)
- March 14–20: Brooke Jones and Cailyn Masson (BFA Painting seniors)
- April 4–24: MA Art Education Thesis Exhibition
- April 25–May 16: BFA Thesis Exhibition
Applications for student-proposed exhibitions for the 2020/21 academic year are being accepted on a rolling basis.
Students in the School of Visual Arts can apply to temporarily install and exhibit their work in spaces throughout the College of Fine Arts Building and the 808 Building. Check back for updates on current pop-up installations by SVA students.
Each year, Dr. Beverly Brown and Sloane House staff work with the College of Fine Arts to select artwork for display within the BU President’s residence. Drawn from both student work and CFA collections, these works highlight the rich variety of works collected and generated by the CFA. The program serves to increase the visibility of BU generated artwork for the larger BU community and visitors to the BU campus. Visit Art@Sloane