Theatre Graduate Application Instructions
Please note: due to COVID-19, we will do not anticipate any in-person interviews. Stay tuned for updated Graduate Application policies.
Priority Application Deadline: January 15*
URTA Applicant Deadline (Design, Production, Management): February 15*
*Applications received after these deadlines will be reviewed on a space-available basis.
It is essential to check specific/additional requirements for each program:
Your application must be completed online and submitted electronically once you have entered the required information. You may access your application and change your answers as many times as you like before submitting it by using your Web Login from any computer. Please note that in order to complete the online application, you must pay the application fee online using a credit card.
How to Submit the Application:
- Enter the Application: Select “Apply” on your department page.
- Fill Out the Application: This is where all of your personal and application specific information is entered.
- Run the Application Checker: This gives you the ability to check if all the information needed to submit your application has been entered.
- Submit Application: This allows you to pay using your credit card and send your completed application to Boston University.
- Download Forms: Download all supplemental forms (résumé, essay, etc.) that are required.
Please read about English language proficiency requirement here.
Requirements for All Applicants
- Completed application for graduate admission to the College of Fine Arts
- Non-refundable application fee of $80 submitted using online application
- Two letters of recommendation from professionals/educators. These may be submitted online using supplied Letter of Recommendation Form.
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended, requested by applicant. Transcripts must be uploaded to your application. Please do not send them.
- Personal statement indicating the applicant’s purpose in pursuing graduate work, career objectives, and particular interest in BU
- Current résumé
Address and Contact Information
Boston University College of Fine Arts
School of Theatre
855 Commonwealth Avenue, Room 470
Boston, MA 02215