CELOP Current Student – Phung Luu, Vietnam

in Highlight
August 4th, 2020

CELOP’s current student, Phung Luu

1. What is your name?

My name is Phung Luu.

2. Where are you from?

I’m from Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.

3. What program are you currently enrolled in at CELOP?

I’ve just completed the Intensive English program at CELOP.

4. What’s your favorite place on campus at Boston University?

My favorite spot on campus at Boston University is Mugar Memorial Library because it has a vintage piano on the ground floor, where everyone can play when they pass by.

5. What do you like most about CELOP?

I love all teachers and staffs at CELOP, and it is so hard for me to find exactly an adjective which can express their friendliness, dedication, and inspiration for me to study English.

6. What is your favorite part of taking classes online?

Taking an online class gives me a chance to see and hear every member in my class with great attention. It’s embarrassing for the first time because you can see all eyes will be on you as you are speaking, but as long as you get used to it, your speaking and presentation skill will be improved as well.

7. Why did you choose CELOP?

CELOP has many good programs that are suitable for my study plan.

8. Do you think the skills acquired from utilizing virtual learning will help you in your future goals?

I do love when teachers put me to the break-out room in online classes. It gives me a chance to lead a group conversation. This skill is really important for my future job, which requires me to present my project in a professional manner, sometimes remotely.

9. Where did you attend college for your undergraduate degree? What was your major and when did you graduate?

I graduated from University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City with a degree in market research.

10. Tell us about what you want to do in the future. What is your dream job?

I want to get a marketing job in the U.S.

11. What is your favorite thing to do in Boston?

I love jogging around the Charles River whenever I have a free time.

12. What would you tell someone who is thinking about studying at CELOP but is unsure?

Don’t waste your time to look around, CELOP has the most effective and professional English learning environment. So, get excited and take a big leap on your English skills by becoming a student at CELOP :”)