A moment with… Jennifer Roberts

in Highlight
June 22nd, 2020

CELOP staff Jennifer Roberts

1. What aspect of your role do you enjoy the most?

Definitely getting to know the students. Whenever I get tired or stressed, I think how lucky I am to meet such amazing people.

1. What did you do before working at CELOP?

I worked for a number of other small ESL programs before coming to CELOP. Obviously, CELOP is better J

1. Where are you from?

I grew up in Chicago, but I have two different traditions in my family. My dad is from St Croix, a small island in the Caribbean. My mom and her family is from Mississippi.

1. Favorite thing to do in Boston?

My answer to this question changes constantly. I love the Charles River and being near the harbor. I also like walking and exploring Boston’s many green spaces.

1. If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Something Korean. I love Korean food the most.

1. What’s your favorite TV Show?

My favorite TV show is a tie between The West Wing and Avatar the Last Airbender. Both shows are excellent and if I’m looking to spend a few free moments watching tv, these are top of my list. I’m also constantly changing which characters I identify with the most.

1. What is the best destination you’ve travelled to?

My dad’s hometown in the Virgin Islands is basically a paradise. But I’ve only visited, never lived there.

1. Favorite restaurant in Boston?

Hmmm. This is another tough question. I would like to say something that’s really fine dining. Instead I’ll say KFC biscuits are my jam.

1. What are your hobbies?

Sleeping, eating, playing games, reading… Are these considered hobbies? Or just life?

1. What is your hidden talent?

Dance is my job when I’m not at CELOP. I don’t think it’s such a hidden talent. Dance is how most people know me, and the thing I love most in the world.

1. What would people never guess you do in your role?

I actually have to be pretty strict in my job, and I know students would never guess that. Lol. But if you can imagine taking a group of 35 people on a tour in the South End and not losing anyone, then you understand how strong my crowd control skills are.