CELOP Alumni Where Are They Now? Vuthikorn (Tim) Anusasamornkul, Thailand

in Highlight
July 16th, 2018

CELOP Alumnus Vuthikorn (Tim) Anusasamornkul

1. What is your name?

Vuthikorn (Tim) Anusasamornkul

1. Where are you from?

Bangkok, Thailand

1. Where do you live now?

Los Angeles, California

1. When and for how long did you study at CELOP?

July 1st – August 3rd 2017 (1 month)

1. Why did you choose CELOP?

CELOP was recommended to me by an older student and as I was going to the West Coast for my MBA I thought a network from the East Coast would also be valuable to me.

1. What were some of the things you liked most about CELOP? Do you have a favorite memory?

My classmates are amazing! I am very close with all of them; I believe one of the reasons was that we shared the same experience. All of us were internationals who tried our best to prepare/adapt for our upcoming MBA program. And they were all amazing, smart, and humble, from diverse and interesting backgrounds. The CELOP program was surely a great mini-MBA environment for me to understand what was ahead of me at the time.

1. In what ways did CELOP help you prepare for what you are doing now?

As mentioned, the class environment was important to me and the case practice was also helpful in a way. I am currently pursuing my MBA at UCLA Anderson.

1. Where did you attend college for your undergraduate degree? What was your major and when did you graduate?

I attended Chulalongkorn University in Thailand. I graduated in 2014 with a major in mechanical engineering.

1. Where are you working/studying now?

I am an MBA candidate at UCLA Anderson, class of 2019.

1. Tells about what you want to do in the future. What is your dream job?

To be honest, I think I still haven’t been exposed to enough job functions and industries to decide on my long term dream career, which was one of my reasons for come doing an MBA, to learn more about the opportunities. However, I know I will eventually go back to work in Thailand.

1. What was your favorite thing to do in Boston?

The city has a charm in itself (but of course I was only there in the summer). The Charles River was really pretty and all the buildings are so new! I could just walk around wandering in the town all day without getting bored.

1. What was your favorite restaurant in Boston?

It was definitely King and I, an amazing Thai restaurant.

1. What would you tell someone who is thinking about studying at CELOP but is unsure?

CELOP has so many things to offer. Just ask yourself what you really want from the program. In my case, I thought of connecting with people from the east and CELOP has MBA students going to many schools: Harvard, MIT, Boston University, and Babson. CELOP has really done a great job with these students and I was glad to join the program.