Our Diversity and Culture of Inclusion team works closely with our Engineering Workforce Development Team to accomplish two key goals.
Goal 1: Diversity
To expand diverse participation at all levels within CELL-MET creating pathways into engineering.
Goal 2: Inclusion
To create and maintain a culture of inclusion within CELL-MET and at our institutions.
The eight commitments listed below guided our strategic approach to achieving these goals
- We will implement recruitment strategies to increase the representation of historically excluded groups (particularly individuals who identify as Black) at all levels (students, leadership, and faculty) over the next four years.
- We will develop an Inclusion repository. We will engage our CELL-MET colleagues in an anti-racism and inclusion program in addition to our existing diversity training.
- We will bring to bear the best available expertise to help us ensure our processes are free from bias and to support the attraction, development, advancement, and retention of Black and diverse faculty and students.
- We will create a CELL-MET Inclusion onboarding module for new CELL-MET faculty and students to support a more efficient Inclusion engagement upon joining CELL-MET.
- We will increase our engagement with diverse medical communities within three years.
- We will increase our outreach to underserved communities and build clear pathways to opportunities within CELL-MET.
- We will ensure diverse representation in our seminars and colloquia.
- We will measure and share our results annually to ensure transparency and accountability.