The next big discovery is happening on campus, and you could be a part of it! Here are some of the research and innovation opportunities you can partake in during your time at CAS:
- The Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP) connects students with faculty members with whom they can conduct cutting-edge research in all CAS disciplines (humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, and math/computer science). UROP also helps provide financial support for research via stipends, internships, supplies, and travel support.
- If you enroll in a MetroBridge class, you will conduct research and help local communities deal with issues, such as the impact of recycling campaigns, gentrification, public health challenges, homeshare rental regulations, and creating a city budget. Course offerings vary each semester.
- The CAS Honors Research Travel Award program funds grants for travel to conduct research away from campus. That can include conducting interviews, attending performances and exhibits, consulting archival materials, or connecting with other scholars.
- Attention rising juniors and seniors: The BU Cross-College Challenge (XCC) is a project-based, one-semester elective course that’s open to juniors and seniors in most of BU’s undergraduate schools and colleges. By working on an XCC project, you develop your research ability, information literacy, capacity to collaborate, and oral communication skills. You also gain the interdisciplinary team experience that 21st-century employers and graduate schools expect.
- BUild Lab, which is part of Innovate @ BU, connects you with like-minded students, so you can take part in workshops and gain support and resources to foster your entrepreneurial ambitions.
- BU Spark! is part of the Hariri Institute for Computing and supports student-driven innovation and entrepreneurship in computer science, computer engineering, and related disciplines. Check out BU Spark!’s fellowship program, CAS course offerings, network of resources, young alumni, and experts who can help you achieve your goals.