BU Arts & Sciences Parents & Families
Arts & Sciences at Boston University offers a superb liberal arts education in one of the nation’s most vibrant and student-oriented cities. With a vast curriculum, a world-class faculty, and a welcoming community, we empower students to follow their own path to success—developing interpersonal, analytical, and creative thinking skills to navigate whatever life they choose.
Our students go on to enter just about any area of study for postgraduate training, as a great liberal arts education provides a strong platform on which to build success. Families like yours can enhance Arts & Sciences’ intellectual vibrancy, strengthen our network of supporters, and help us raise critical funds to enrich the student experience.
Parent and Family Resources
The Dean of Students Parents Program offers a variety of resources to help your family get the most out of your student’s BU experience. You can contact them directly at email@example.com.
Ways to Get Involved with Arts & Sciences at BU
- Hire and Mentor Terrier Students
You can post internship and job opportunities on BU’s online bulletin boards, connect with our development and career services professionals, and give extra attention to applicants with BU resumes. You can also share your professional experiences with undergraduates who may be interested in pursuing a career in your industry. To get started, contact the BU Center for Career Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-353-3590.
- Encourage all your Terrier family and friends to join BU Connects, a new platform exclusively for Boston University alumni, students, faculty, and staff that brings Terriers together for personal and professional networking on a global scale. On this platform, people can find mentors, advice, and job opportunities, and all A&S students and alumni are automatically added to the Arts & Sciences in Action group.
- Support the Arts & Sciences Parents and Families Fund
The Arts & Sciences Parents and Families Fund provides flexible, immediate-use funds with a focus on meeting expenses in such areas as academic excellence; experiential and cocurricular learning opportunities; diversity, equity, and inclusion; and faculty support.
- Connect With Other Families
We offer a broad range of virtual and in-person programming for Arts & Sciences parents and families, students, and alumni—across the country and around the world. Hosting or attending an event connects you to the community, and each event helps extend the reach and awareness of the College. We look to extend our network beyond campus; alumni, student, and parent and family networks in every region are critical elements for stronger, more supportive Terrier communities.We welcome your involvement in events such as:
- Virtual and in-person welcome events or summer send-offs for admitted and current students. Arts & Sciences families are encouraged to host small virtual gatherings for newly admitted students and their families, and to send off students before they start the fall semester. These events are a terrific way to meet other families who live in your area. If you would like to serve as an event host, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Family and Friends Weekend. We host an annual Arts & Sciences event for all Arts & Sciences parents and families, where you’ll meet fellow families and friends, and hear from the College’s senior leadership.
- Back to Class event series. As part of this series, Faculty deliver engaging, topical talks on their research to small groups in intimate settings.
- Global Days of Service. Each April, we invite parents and families, students, and alumni worldwide to organize and participate in service projects in their own communities, under the BU flag.
- Join the Arts & Sciences Family Council
The Arts & Sciences Family Council is a select group of dedicated parents and friends who serve as ambassadors to the Arts & Sciences parent community and provide volunteer and philanthropic support to the Arts & Sciences Parents and Families Fund. The council represents the classes and geographic diversity of the College’s undergraduate student population. Council members help strengthen Arts & Sciences communities across the globe by connecting parents and families who care deeply about the educational experience of our students to opportunities for impact, such as hosting events and supporting critical and immediate needs within the college.
If you are interested in learning more about the Arts & Sciences Family Council, please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-358-6205.