Below, you will find information on transferring credits from outside of Boston University. Please note that transfer courses are not eligible for Hub general education credit.
Transfer Credits Taken Within the United States, Before Matriculation
All domestic transfer credits taken before matriculation are processed by the Credit Evaluation Office email@example.com, 617-353-2319).
If you are transfer student, please refer to the Transfer Admissions process for more information about how your transfer credit will be evaluated.
Transfer Credits Taken Within the United States, After Matriculation
You can read the policy on transfer of undergraduate credit from US institutions here.
- Transfer courses are not eligible for Hub general education credit
- Transfer credit must be taken at an accredited college or university
- A minimum grade of C is required for courses to be eligible to transfer
- Courses receive no more than the number of credits earned at the host institution
- For example, a course worth 3 semester credits at the outside college or university will transfer in as 3.0 credits to BU; courses taken on a trimester or quarter system will be converted to semester credits
- Courses must carry at least 2.5 BU credits
- Students pursuing summer coursework within the metropolitan Boston area must take such courses at Boston University unless:
- The course is a degree requirement and is not offered in the Boston University summer term, or
- The student receives written pre-approval from the Director of Undergraduate Studies of the relevant Boston University department and the Associate Dean for Student Academic Life
Transfer Credits Taken Outside the United States, Before Matriculation
If you are an international transfer student or took courses at a non-US institution before matriculating, please contact International Admissions to speak about your transfer credit (firstname.lastname@example.org, 617-353-4492).
Transfer Credits Taken Outside the United States, After Matriculation
- All Boston University students considering taking a non-BU course abroad for transfer credit are required to consult with the BU Study Abroad Program Manager for External Programs (email@example.com, 617-353-9888). Students must consult with the Program Manager prior to applying for an international study program in order to determine if the program they have selected is acceptable under University policy.
- Transfer credit must be approved in advance. No credit will be given for courses that do not receive official BU approval in advance.
- All information and guidelines to follow may be found here.