In a remarkably short period of time—fewer than 50 years—BU has taken its place in the ranks of the world’s great research universities. Your gift can sustain and build momentum in this critical area.
How will we build momentum? By supporting and building our world-class faculty. This means more endowed professorships, career-development professorships, visiting professorships, and fellowships for deserving doctoral students.
It also means providing research support for people thinking and working “outside the box,” and facilitating collaborations across international boundaries. In today’s world, a biologist and an engineer working together—from starting points anywhere in the world—are more likely to tackle and solve important problems than they would be working alone.
BU’s recent remarkable success in interdisciplinary realms like infectious diseases, neuroscience, bioinformatics, and biomedical engineering point the way. With continued support, we can build upon these successes, and generate new ideas in fields across the University.
There are many ways to build knowledge at BU:
- Endow a professorship for a faculty member in an area of academia that is meaningful to you
- Create a career-development professorship to provide a rotating three-year appointment that helps junior faculty members kick-start their research careers
- Support a visiting professorship to bring great minds to BU for a temporary term to share their knowledge
- Support fellowships for deserving doctoral students, whose energies and fresh ideas help strengthen both existing and new areas of inquiry
- Support a specific research project that is important to you, or that advances the agenda of your corporation or foundation
- Designate your Annual Fund gift to your favorite school or college—it will be used as needed to support research, conference fees, travel stipends, and more