Northern California Regional Campaign Committee
The Northern California Regional Campaign Committee is a group of enthusiastic and generous alumni, parents, and friends who work to strengthen the BU community in Northern California, advance the success of The Campaign for Boston University, and provide support to local students who aspire to receive a Boston University education.
The Committee is both a working group and a public way for the University to recognize our leading advocates and supporters in the region.
The NCRCC will work to:
- establish a leadership group to help create a strategic engagement plan to help further strengthen the Boston University network in Northern California,
- explore and develop opportunities to make an impact on the educational experience of students from Northern California attending Boston University,
- provide opportunities to connect and socialize with other leading members of the Northern California BU community in exclusive, comfortable settings,
- and establish a platform that will support and provide feedback on the key strategic initiatives of the University.
Each member commits to:
- an annual gift of $10,000 or more to BU throughout the life of the campaign or their committee tenure,
- attending campaign leadership events, when available,
- being open to hosting a campaign cultivation event in their area,
- and strategizing with BU Development staff and campaign leadership, particularly when it comes to identifying and introducing potential campaign supporters and leaders.
Committee benefits include:
- opportunities to meet with BU leadership and to have a direct impact on the strategic engagement plan for Northern California,
- special invitations to exclusive, high-level University and campaign events,
- receipt of leadership-level briefings on University progress and plans,
- complimentary registration for all non-ticketed BU events in Northern California,
- and public recognition at regional campaign events and in targeted campaign and BU media products.
The benefits and recognition associated with committee membership are automatically bestowed to all individuals who have given or pledged $100,000 or more to The Campaign for Boston University and who wish to be listed as a member.
BU’s impact in Northern California
More than 11,000 BU alumni live in Northern California.
Students from California represented 13 percent of BU’s total undergraduate applicant pool, more than any other state.
California sent more students to BU than any other state for the Classes of 2019 and 2020.
50% of students from California receive financial aid, with an average award of $30,763.
28 households in Northern California have made gifts to BU of $100,000 or more.
More than 3,100 Northern Californians have made a gift to support The Campaign for Boston University.