What to Do if You Have the Flu
What are signs and symptoms of flu (Influenza)?
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Body aches
- Sometimes diarrhea and vomiting
*It’s important to note that not everyone with flu will have a fever.
What should I do if I have the flu?
- Stay home from work/ school
- Drink plenty of fluids
Contact your health care provider when flu symptoms start if:
- You have any chronic health conditions or any ongoing health concerns
- You’re pregnant
- You’re over the age of 50
- To discuss if antivirals ( i.e. Tamiflu) should be prescribed*
Go to the Emergency department if you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
- Sudden dizziness
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Flu-like symptoms that improve but then return with fever and worse cough