2023 Fulbright Semi-Finalists
The Fulbright U.S. Student Program provides grants for individually designed research or arts projects, graduate degree programs, or for English Teaching Assistantships in participating countries outside the United States. The program strives to facilitate “cultural exchange through direct interaction on an individual basis in the classroom, field, home, and in routine tasks.” Over the past ten years, Boston University students have seen much success with the Fulbright Program, with more than 60 students engaging in research, graduate study, creative arts project, and teaching across many of the 140+ Fulbright partner countries. It appears that the 2023 applicants are on the path to the same success.
For the 2023 Fulbright cycle, Boston University saw 46 applications from seniors, graduate students, and recent alumni. Applicants showed interest in a range of projects and countries and invested a great deal of time refining their applications for submission. 21 of those 46 applicants have been named Fulbright Semi-Finalists by the U.S. National Screening Committee, moving onto the final stage of Fulbright review in their respective host countries. We want to congratulate these 21 Semi-Finalists on all of their hard work! Summaries of our Semi-Finalists* and their proposed Fulbright Projects can be found below.
When Fulbright offers are made in April/May, we will share that excellent news as well!
- Zoe Albert, Study/Research, Indonesia (GRS ’27)
- María Cáceres, ETA Award, Saudi Arabia, (Pardee ’20)
- Gabriel Calistro, Study/Research Award, Italy (CAS ’23, Pardee ’23, CGS ’21)
- Caitlin Chin, Study/Research Award, Canada (CAS ’23)
- Natalia Clark, Study/Research Award, Spain (CAS ’23)
- Anya Gellerman, ETA Award, Spain (CFA ’22)
- Hope Glowacki, Study/Research Award, UK (COM ’22)
- Trevor Lamb, Study/Research Award, Canada (GRS ’25)
- Lincoln Alex MacVeagh, ETA Award, France (CAS ’22)
- Mishonne Marks, ETA Award, Malawi (Wheelock, ’23)
- Suwilanji Muwowo, Study/Research Award, Zambia (CAS ’23)
- Priya Patel, Study/Research Award, UK (CAS ’22)
- Katie Pedersen, ETA Award, Madagascar (Wheelock ’23)
- Madeline Ray, Study/Research Award, Mexico (SSW ’18, SPH ’19)
- Dylan Mikel Renca, Study/Research Award, Indonesia (GRS ’26)
- Madison Romo, ETA Award, Latvia (Pardee/CAS ’22)
*Summaries developed and shared by the Semi-Finalists. Names and summaries were not published without the Semi-Finalists’ permission. Please check back periodically for updates.
2022 Fulbright Grantees
2021 Fulbright Grantees
2020 Fulbright Grantees