- Determinants of drinking trajectories among minority youth and young adults: The interaction of risk and resilience. Bernstein, J., Graczyck, A., Lawrence, D., Bernstein, E., & Strunin, L. (2011). […] Youth and Society, 43(4), 1199-1219.
- A preliminary report of knowledge translation: Lessons from taking screening and brief intervention techniques from the research setting into regional systems of care. Bernstein, E., Topp, D., Shaw, E., Girard, C., Pressman, K., Woolcock, E., et al. (2009). […] Academic Emergency Medicine, 16(11), 1225-1233.
- Screening and brief intervention to reduce marijuana use among youth and young adults in a pediatric emergency department. Bernstein, E., Edwards, E., Dorfman, D., Heeren, T., Bliss, C., & Bernstein, J. (2009). […] Academic Emergency Medicine, 16(11), 1174-1185.
- SBIRT in emergency care settings: Are we ready to take it to scale? Bernstein, E., Bernstein, J., Stein, J., & Saitz, R. (2009). […] Academic Emergency Medicine, 16(11), 1072-1077.
- The impact of screening, brief intervention, and referral for treatment on emergency department patients’ alcohol use. Academic ED SBIRT Research Collaborative. (2007). […] Annals of Emergency Medicine, 50, 699-710.
- Brief motivational intervention at a clinic visit reduces cocaine and heroin use. Bernstein, J., Bernstein, E., Tassiopoulos, K., Heeren, T., Levenson, S., & Hingson, R. (2005). […] Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 77, 49-59.
- An evidence-based alcohol screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment (SBIRT) curriculum for emergency department (ED) providers improves skills and utilization. Academic ED SBIRT Research Collaborative. (2005). […] Substance Abuse, 28(4), 79-92.
- Project ASSERT: An ED-based intervention to increase access to primary care, preventive services, and the substance abuse treatment system. Bernstein, E., Bernstein, J., & Levenson, S. (1997). […] Annals of Emergency Medicine, 30(2), 181-189.
- Alcohol and other drugs of abuse. Bernstein, E., Bernstein, J., Fernandez, W., & D’Onofrio, G. (2011). […] In J. E. Tintinalli, et al. (Eds.), Emergency medicine: A comprehensive study guide (7th ed., pp. 1967-1974). New York: McGraw Hill.
- Evolution of an emergency department-based collaborative intervention for excessive and dependent drinking: From one institution to nationwide dissemination, 1991-2006. World Health Organization. (2009). […] In C. J. Cherpitel, et al. (Eds.), Alcohol and injuries: Emergency department studies in an international perspective (pp. 175-180). Geneva: WHO Press.
- Project ASSERT: An ED model of health promotion and substance abuse detection, intervention, and referral to treatment. Bernstein, E., Burton, G., Bernstein, J., Barry, D., Dyson-Mounds, J., Payne, S., et al. (1996). […] In E. Bernstein & J. Bernstein (Eds.), Case studies in emergency medicine and the health of the public (pp. 270-279). Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Publishers.