Mandela Residents Cooperative Association, Inc.
1855 Washington Street, Suite 3
Boston, MA 02118
NIA Homework/Tutoring Program 2018-2019
Title: Program Coordinator
Seeking a skilled person who has passion in continuous improvement professionalism and promptness. Coordinator should provide children with a safe academically enriching environment. As well as being a close liaison between parents and management.
- Collaborate with supervisor to hire tutors
- Hold tutors accountable for professionalism, promptness, and job requirements
- Serve as point of contact for tutors and lead tutors who need to report upcoming lateness or absence
- Keep all data for the program including, but not limited to student attendance, tutor attendance, homework checklist, student information, etc.
- Ensure the publishing of progress reports at least once a semester
- Help manage student behavior during tutorial as needed
- Keep parents updated with child’s progress with homework
- Making sure that food menus are sent out to parents every Thursday
- Needs to make sure tutors follow these three steps: Help with homework, Tutor if child is struggling, and create educational activities
- Must understand that the child is to complete homework before they continue on with educational activities
- Passion for working with youth 7-13 years old
- Passion for coaching/professional development of young educators
- Strong leadership skills
- Attention to detail across multiple tasks
- Ability to problem solve in a fast-paced environment
- Adherence to strict professional standards as regards to conduct, dress, timeliness, etc.
- Good communication skills
- 12-15 hours per week; usually Monday through Thursday
- Hours may vary depending on holidays and weather
Full time/Seasonal: Seasonal (October-June)
Salary: $16-$17. Depending on experience