Catering, Events & Meetings
In-person on- or off-campus BU-sponsored events and meetings are required to have a Host who will serve as the primary contact and oversee attendee compliance with BU COVID-19 protocols. “Host” refers to the BU department sponsoring the event or meeting. Please contact Events & Conferences for additional guidance.
- A Host representative must be present to ensure that each attendee follows the BU required protocols.
- Hosts are responsible for ensuring the placement of proper signage in visible locations before events.
- Hosts are encouraged to use the largest meeting space available.
- Additional hand sanitizers should be available for all attendees and will be provided by BU Facilities for on-campus events and by the venue operator for off-campus events.
- Attendees must wear face coverings when not actively eating or drinking.
- Signage and table tents stating BU’s face-covering policy must be conspicuously displayed on all buffet/guest tables. Table tents are provided by Catering on the Charles for all catered events.
- Hosts are encouraged to space out dine-in seating.
- Hosts and attendees are encouraged to consider social distancing during their interactions.
- Face coverings are not required.
- Please consider planning outdoor events whenever possible.
Catering on the Charles
Catering on the Charles has the following additional policies:
- Hand-passed hors d’oeuvres are not available at this time.
- Self-serve buffets are available, subject to the following guidance:
- Attendees must wear face coverings while serving themselves.
- Catering service staff must be available for enhanced cleaning and rotation of sanitized serving utensils.
- Hand sanitizers must be placed at the start of the service line.
- Silverware must be wrapped and placed at the end of the service line.
- The venue operator and caterer for off-campus catered events must follow the catering guidance noted above.
Please contact Catering on the Charles if you have additional questions or concerns.