Fitness & Recreation Centers
FitRec users should always check FitRec Facility Hours before planning a trip to FitRec.
Full-Time Students: FitRec is open for full-time student informal recreation use on a drop-in basis. No reservation needed! Cardio machines, weights, stretching, and lap swimming are all available for your use. Climbing wall, indoor track, gymnasia courts (basketball), squash, and racquetball will also resume (check FitRec Hours for availability).
Guidelines for FitRec use:
- Your BU ID, as well as a green badge on the BU Healthway app, are required for entry.
- Please review and sign FitRec User Agreement before your first visit.
- As required throughout Boston University campus buildings, appropriate face coverings are required to enter and must be worn at all times, including during exercise, except while swimming or showering.
- FitRec users must wash or sanitize their hands before and after exercise and using equipment. FitRec users are required to wipe equipment and machines before and after use.
- Maintain 6 feet of physical distance where possible and practical.
- Students should not use FitRec if they feel sick, have a temperature of 100 degrees or more, or have any cough, flu, or cold symptoms.
While at FitRec
Day lockers, locker rooms, towel service, and locker service and showers will be available.
The FitRec entrance is located at the main entry doors, facing Commonwealth Ave. Traditional activities for all FitRec spaces may be modified or suspended as needed. The FitRec facility rental program, outdoor adventure trips, Sailing Pavilion, youth programs, and Alumni and Friends of BU programs continue to be suspended.