Lectures (February 28 through March 22)
Thursday, February 28
- 11:00 AM CISE Seminar: Urbashi Mitra, University of Southern California
- 4:00 PM Protectors of Pluralism: Christian Minorities and the Rescue of Jews in the Low Countries during the Holocaust - A Lecture by Robert Braun
- 5:00 PM Off to the Races: The 2020 Presidential Primary Field
Friday, March 1
Monday, March 4
- 11:00 AM Robin DiAngelo: What Does It Mean to Be White?
- Robin DiAngelo: What Does It Mean to Be White?
- 12:00 PM Sociology Department Seminar: Twitter Wars & Culture Wars: Teens, Tolerance and the Anti-Bullying Era.
- 6:30 PM In Between, A One-Man Show Written and Performed by Ibrahim Miari
Wednesday, March 6
- 10:00 AM PhD Dissertation Defense Seminar-The Neurobiological Bases of Compulsive Eating
- 2:00 PM Current Topics Seminar – Joseph Dougherty, Ph.D.
Thursday, March 7
- 2:00 PM PhD Progress Report Seminar-Development of a Novel Antibody Drug Conjugate for the Treatment of Metastatic Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma
Friday, March 8
Tuesday, March 12
- 10:00 AM PhD Dissertation Defense Seminar -"Integrated Renal and Neural Mechanisms Contributing to Sodium Homeostasis and Blood Pressure Regulation"
Thursday, March 14
- 2:00 PM Special Pharmacology Seminar-“Changes in Lateral Inhibition Accompany Hippocampal Pattern Separation”
Tuesday, March 19
Wednesday, March 20
- 2:00 PM Current Topics Seminar – Philip De Jager, M.D. /Ph.D.
- 2:30 PM Tea with Michael Longley and David Ferry (with a toast to Homer and Virgil)
- 4:00 PM High Tech and High Touch: Digital Innovations from BU’s Mobile and Electronic Health-ARC
- 5:15 PM German Political Culture Changes and New Challenges A Lecture by Karsten Voigt
Thursday, March 21
- 4:00 PM "Outrage": The 9th Annual Sedgwick Memorial Lecture by Robyn Wiegman
- 4:40 PM Panel Discussion – International Migration and Diaspora in World Politics – Prof. Thomas Berger, Prof. Joseph Wippl, Karsten Voigt
- 5:00 PM Uses of the Past in Divided Societies: Northern Ireland and the US — A Lecture by Olwen Purdue
- 6:00 PM Looking at Morocco from Inside and Outside