Graduating Seniors: Want to Send a Commencement Thank-You to Your Family?
Record your video message by May 3 and we’ll post it on social media and BU Today
Calling all graduates: Commencement 2021 is looking different this year. With COVID-19 restrictions preventing family or friends from attending the ceremony, we’re offering you a chance to send messages of thanks to those you love. We’ll include as many as possible in a special video we’re putting together. It will run just before Commencement (May 16) on BU Today and on our BU social media channels.
The deadline for recording and submitting your video has been extended to Thursday, May 6.
Here’s are some easy-to-follow tips on getting started:
- Your video message should be 45 seconds or less.
- Shoot your video using landscape orientation. This means turning your phone sideways, not up and down: your video should be oriented horizontally, not vertically.
- Pay attention to light. Find a location with plenty of light, and make sure you are facing the light source.
- Your video should include who you’re sending your message to (e.g., “Hey, Mom” or “Dear Grandma and Grandpa”).
- Upload your video file to this drop box folder.
- The file name should include your first and last name and your school.