WORK STUDY OPENING: Undergraduate Student Assistant Role Open
The African Studies Center at Boston University is looking to hire a student assistant for the Fall 2021 semester with the potential to continue into the Spring 2022 semester. The required shifts for this role are Wednesday 1:30-4pm and Thursday 9:00-11:00am. Only applicants that can staff both shifts will be considered.
The role earns a salary of $15.00/hr and will start in during the week of September 6, 2021, and student staff members will be expected to attend a one-time student staff orientation and welcome on August 30th or 31st.
Responsibilities will include:
- Welcoming visitors to the ASC and directing them to the office or event they are looking for
- Designing event posters or graphics for the ASC social media accounts
- Monitoring the general email account and forwarding inquiries to the relevant parties, or responding to inquiries
- Occasionally helping the faculty and staff with simple office tasks like event set-up/clean-up, scanning/photocopying jobs, inventory or watering plants
- Friendly and comfortable chatting with others
- Timely and detail-oriented
- Prior experience using Canva, Photoshop or InDesign
- Prior customer services experience is a plus
- Prior knowledge of Trello is a plus
If you are interested in applying for this job please send your resume and your availability to the ASC Program Administrator Natasha Patel (she/her/hers) at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants are welcomed and encouraged to include preferred pronouns or names in your email. You are welcome to attach any graphic design work samples with your resume if you would like!