JOB OPENING: Program Assistant for the Africa Program at the Foreign Service Institute, U.S. State Department
This is a full-time, contractor position (with GAPSI) working at the Foreign Service Institute. While the position is currently remote, the position is based in Arlington, VA, and the person who fills this position will be expected, when we return to the office, to live in the region and work in the office.
The Program Assistant will provide general administrative and logistical support to the Africa program and the Areas Studies Division, support the running of quarterly courses, and conduct research. Administrative support will include logistical arrangements for in person and virtual classrooms; correspondence; scheduling; data entry; compiling administrative records and reports; and other administrative duties as needed. In addition, the Program Assistant will conduct research and analysis in support of the production of a variety of written and multi-media materials on a range of topics in Africa.
This position is ideal for someone with the following:
- BA or MA degree in relevant field
- Strong analytical, research, and writing skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Africa, both history and current issues
- Strong ability and willingness to perform project management and administrative support
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software)
- Comfortable working independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to pay close attention to detail while keeping larger project goals in mind
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple competing priorities under time constraints
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will be filled as soon as possible.
To apply, please go to: https://gapsi.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/4473