We spoke to a dozen different students about their academic journey at BU, from tackling dual degrees to the rigors of research to the self-discovery ignited by faculty mentorships. We asked about their passions, challenges, and surprises, and how deep they dug to cultivate their intellectual growth. Read their interviews below or explore by question and see how each student addressed a specific topic.
In their own words: Same question, different answer
Curious about a particular aspect of the academic experience at BU, from the most challenging courses to “aha” moments in the classroom? Just click on a question below to see how different students responded.
- When you arrived on campus, what was your specific passion or interest and how did BU help develop it?
- What surprised or challenged you most academically at BU?
- Describe an “aha” moment where you felt transformed by a particular academic interaction or intellectual experience.
- Describe a significant faculty relationship.
- Describe an experience where you collaborated with others from different academic disciplines.