Accelerated Medical Program Requirements
This highly selective program offers outstanding students an accelerated pathway to a career in medicine through combined undergraduate programs and early admission to the Boston University Medical School.
The application deadline for the program is November 15. It is only available to students applying as freshmen for September. Applicants to the Accelerated Program will be considered only for admission to this program.
In addition to the application requirements for all freshmen, students applying to the Accelerated Medical Program must submit the following:
SAT Subject Tests
- SAT Subject Tests in Chemistry and Math 2 are required. No substitutes for the required tests will be accepted.
- The SAT Subject Test in Foreign Language is also recommended.
- Three Accelerated Program Teacher Evaluation forms—one each from a teacher of English, laboratory science, and either history or a foreign language. Please submit these forms via email to email@example.com in lieu of the Teacher Evaluation on the Common or Coalition Application.
- Accelerated Programs essay—available on BU’s member page on the Common and Coalition Application.
Interview in Boston
Finalists for these programs will be contacted by BU Admissions via telephone to schedule a mandatory interview. All finalists must interview on campus.
Minimum Required Secondary School Course Requirements
Eligible applicants must complete four full years of secondary school education and be a current senior when they apply. Students who have graduated from secondary school but have not enrolled in any college-level degree program may also apply.
- English: 4 years
- Mathematics: 4 years
(Must include Calculus)
- Social Science/History: 3 years
- Foreign Language: 2 years
- Biology: 1 year
- Chemistry: 1 year
- Physics: 1 Year requirement