Macro Sub-Specialization Certificate
Clinical social work students will be provided with a wide range of knowledge and skills that will help prepare them to assume macro-responsibilities while carrying out their primary clinical responsibilities. The Certificate provides sufficient flexibility to allow students to focus on any one aspect of macro-practice.
Clinical social work practice students who are interested in macro social work practice as a secondary method may pursue a Macro Sub-Specialization Certificate.
They are required to:
- Develop a substantive macro practice project as part of the advanced field placement; and
- Take any two of the following advanced macro courses:
- SSW MP 773 Human Services Management
- SSW MP 775 Strategic Management
- SSW MP 781 Community Organizing
- SSW MP 783 Planning and Program Development
- SSW MP 795 Applied Macro Skills