CAGS in Digital Dentistry
The Certificate in Digital Dentistry program is designed for qualified dentists to pursue advanced didactic education and clinical experience in the field of digital and CAD/CAM technology for comprehensive dental treatment. The one-year program includes didactic and laboratory experiences that incorporate digital diagnostic and treatment planning techniques to provide comprehensive clinical treatment. Graduates of this program will be well positioned to become leaders in the continued development and integration of digital techniques as a routine aspect of comprehensive patient care.
Graduates must be:
- Proficient in operative dentistry, esthetic dentistry, and digital dentistry.
- Proficient in patient assessment and diagnosis.
- Competent in designing and in the fabrication of CAD-CAM, fixed, and removable restoratives.
The program of study includes didactic, laboratory, and comprehensive patient care experiences in the application of computerized treatment techniques.
- SDM OP 806 Digital Dentistry in Prosthodontics and Restorative Science
- SDM OP 820 Treatment Planning Conferences
- SDM OP 825 Clinical Case Conferences
- SDM OP 830 Advanced Chairside CAD/CAM Restoration
- SDM OP 835 Advanced Laboratory CAD/CAM Restoration
- SDM OP 911 Clinical Digital Dentistry
- SDM OP 915 Digital Dentistry Literature Review
Completion is not tracked by credit accumulation but by successful completion of individual courses and duration requirements.