BLS in History
(total 48 credits)
- MET EN 104 English Composition
- MET EN 201 Intermediate Composition
- 4 credits in a Metropolitan College math course numbered MET MA 113 or higher
- MET CS 101 Computers and Their Applications
- 8 credits in the natural sciences (N)
- 4 credits in a 100- or 200-level MET EN literature course or MET HU 221
- 4 credits
- 4 credits in the humanities (H)
- 4 credits in the social sciences (S)
- 4 credits in the humanities (H), natural sciences (N), or social sciences (S)
- 4 credits in the humanities (H) or natural sciences (N)
Major and Related Courses
(total 56 credits)
A total of 14 courses (56 credits), completed with a grade of C or higher, is required.
Choose 10 courses (40 credits). MET HI 101 and HI 102 History of Western Civilization are recommended as first courses but are not required. Five of the courses (20 credits) selected must be at the 200 level or above. All courses must be chosen with the advice and approval of the department coordinator.
Choose four courses (16 credits) at the 300 level or above in anthropology, art history, economics, English literature, geography, international relations, philosophy, political science, psychology, religion, or sociology. Students may also choose MET CJ 352 Courts, Society, and Criminal Procedure, or CAS CL 321 Greek History. Courses must be chosen with the advice and approval of the department coordinator.
(total 24 credits)
Usually six courses (24 credits), but possibly more depending on transfer credits, chosen with the advice of an academic counselor.