CELOP programs are non-degree, non-credit bearing programs designed to meet the needs of students by offering programs that enhance their English language and cultural competence.
12-week Intensive, Full-Time Programs
- Intensive 20: This is a 20-hour per week program consisting of a Core Class (that meets Monday–Friday mornings) and one Elective Class (that meets two afternoons a week).
- Intensive 25: This is a 25-hour per week program consisting of a Core Class (that meets Monday–Friday mornings) and two Elective Classes (that meet four afternoons a week).
12-week Part-Time Programs
- Part-Time 5: In this 5-hour per week program, students choose one class per week that ranges from elementary to advanced language learning, including those who simply want to prepare for the iBT TOEFL or IELTS.
- Part-Time 10: In this 10-hour per week program, students choose two classes per week that range from elementary to advanced language learning, and could include pairings such as test preparation and a reading, writing, or listening course.
- Part-Time 15: In this 15-hour per week program, students can take a class in one of four concentrations. Classes offer integrated instruction in all four language skills: speaking, listening, reading, and writing.
- Intensive 6-Week Program: This program is offered twice in the summer. Classes meet for 20 hours per week and focus on improving skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Intensive 4-Week Program: This program is offered in the Spring and Summer Semesters. Classes meet for 20 hours per week and focus on improving skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- Part-Time 4-Week Program: This program is offered in the Spring Semester. Classes meet Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. for 15 hours per week. Classes focus on improving skills in listening, speaking, reading, and writing.
- This 6- or 4-week summer program is open to those entering an MBA or graduate diploma program, as well as business professionals who plan to apply to an MBA program in the future.
- Legal English Programs:
- The Pre-LLM program has been developed in collaboration with the Boston University School of Law. This 6-week summer program is open to those entering an LLM program. This program will help students develop the language skills, legal knowledge, and confidence necessary to be successful in an American law school.
Orientation to Higher Education Programs
- English Plus:
- This is a 16-week, 18-hours-per-week program offered in the Fall or Spring Semester, which enables students to combine advanced level English language preparation with a credit-bearing course in Boston University’s Metropolitan College. CELOP core classes meet Monday–Friday mornings, and MET classes meet once a week in the evening.
- Gateway to the American University (High School Program):
- This is a summer, 2-week university experience for high school students (ages 15–17) from around the world. The program is designed to help prepare them to apply to an American university through orientation and language training and introduce them to life on the Boston University campus.
CELOP offers custom programming tailored to your needs. We can develop a variety of short courses, provide corporate training, or design professional language training specific to your industry. Contact us for more information.