The BU Study Abroad Ambassador Program is an opportunity to share your global perspectives and study abroad stories, raise awareness and interest in study abroad programs, and inspire your peers and prospective BU students to engage in diverse and inclusive cross-cultural learning experiences worldwide.
By serving as a BU Study Abroad Ambassador, you will reflect on your time abroad in a meaningful way while developing concrete skills to articulate the value of your global experience in your personal, professional and academic endeavors. As an Ambassador, you will also strengthen your leadership skills and expand your networks at Boston University and beyond….and pizza, we’ll probably always have pizza.
Ambassador responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Representing BU Study Abroad at campus-wide events [i.e. Study Abroad Fall Expo (September), Family and Friends Weekend event (October), International Education Week events (November) and Prospective Student Open Houses (April)]
- Representing BU Study Abroad during events related to specific programs throughout the semester (i.e. information sessions, pre-departure meetings, and college/school specific events)
- Promoting study abroad events via word-of-mouth, social media, on-campus outreach efforts, and other marketing initiatives
- Creating and/or curating content on social media to promote specific abroad programs
- And other projects, depending on your interest and expertise
Ambassador qualifications include:
- Ability to holistically reflect upon and articulate a variety of topics from semester(s)/summer(s) abroad
- Maintaining a professional demeanor and positive attitude regarding international experiences while representing BU Study Abroad
- Possessing strong multi-faceted communication skills (writing, speaking)
- Passion for and involvement in the BU community through co-curricular and academic organizations
- Reliability and accountability for overall responsibilities and timely correspondence with staff members
- Commitment varies throughout the academic year depending on event schedule and specific program outreach
- Ambassadors must attend a mandatory orientation in the fall semester and two-three other group meetings each semester
- The BU Study Abroad Ambassador Program is founded on a points-based system–the more time and effort you put into the program, the more you will get out of it; however, a strong level of engagement and participation is still expected
Applications are now open! Please submit your application by May 15, 2020. Email email@example.com with any questions.