Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (Tec de Monterrey) was founded in 1943 and has grown into one of Latin America’s largest and best-regarded universities. With 32 campuses around Mexico, Tec de Monterrey is home to over 90,000 students. The university offers a comprehensive curriculum with courses available in all major disciplines, including pre-professional studies, STEM fields, humanities, and social sciences. BU students may study at either the Monterrey campus, which is home to 14,500 students, or at the Puebla campus, which enrolls about 5,000 students.
Requirements & Considerations
- All students must enroll according to, and remain in compliance with, the Boston University Study Abroad Course Load Policy.
- Boston University students only
- Admissions requirements for all programs
Housing & Student Services
- University housing is available but not guaranteed to exchange students. The International Programs Office will help students find independent off-campus accommodations nearby if they do not receive university housing.
- Singles or shared rooms, all rooms are fully furnished
- Student residences offer the following services: maid service, wireless Internet, a study room, security, cable, postal service, and transport between residences and around the campus, a games room, a kitchen, a laundry room, and vending machine.
- Housing is paid directly to Tec de Monterrey; Board is not included
- University dining facilities available; no meal plans, pay per meal
- Fall Semester: early August to early December
- Spring Semester: early February to early July
- Academic Year: early August to early July
- Fall Semester/Academic Year: March 15
- Spring Semester: September 1
This program is not on a rolling admissions cycle. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all required materials have been received by the BU Study Abroad office by the application deadline. Decisions will not be made until after the application deadline. Applicants will receive their decision via email.
Information on other programs that do not follow a rolling admissions cycle and information for BU Students Awaiting an Admissions Decision can be found here.
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2023/2024 Tuition: $32,144
- Cost includes tuition, overseas medical insurance, and emergency evacuation coverage.
- Budget sheet, including cost of living expenses.
Please contact the Program Manager with any questions. Grants and Scholarships is available.