The Madrid Management Internship Program is offered in Spring Semesters for those who have completed six semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent. Offered in conjunction with the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid, it consists of two management courses, an advanced-level Seminar on contemporary Spain, and an internship for credit. Students enroll directly in the Autónoma and have access to its facilities and services. All students have the unique opportunity to experience life in a Spanish homestay. BU Questrom School of Business students should refer to Questrom’s lists of pre-approved courses at the Universidad Autónoma before applying.
Requirements & Considerations
BU Questrom School of Business students should refer to Questrom’s lists of pre-approved courses at the Universidad Autónoma before applying.
Housing & Student Services
- Individual bedrooms in local family home. Each room has a bed, a desk, and some storage space. Linens are provided and washed regularly. Kitchen access is not guaranteed. Students will have the ability to reheat food.
- Board included: All meals (3 meals per day/ 7 days per week) will be provided by the host family. A packed lunch will be provided by the host family if the student is unable to commute home for lunch.
- Students may eat at the dining hall
- Host families provide laundry, internet.
- Gyms at the university and in town, but may be expensive. Students can study at the Instituto or the Autónoma. Many students study at home, as university libraries have more restricted hours than in the US.
- Spring Semester: early January to late May
- Spring Semester: October 1
Cost & Financial Considerations
- 2021/2022 Tuition & Fees: $37,935
Cost includes tuition, housing, board, airfare from designated U.S. city, program related activities, administrative fee, overseas medical insurance, and emergency evacuation coverage.
- Estimated program budget, including cost of living expenses.
- Financial aid available.