Deadline: January 15
For Boston University undergraduate and graduate students who plan on studying abroad in the future and demonstrate financial need.
The Your Free Pass to a Passport Grant covers the full cost of obtaining a first-time adult U.S. passport book or the renewal of a U.S. passport book for those students with demonstrated financial need. The grant does not cover the cost of passport photos, postage or expedite processing. The grant is awarded once a year for all semesters.
Passport processing time varies, with average processing time being 8-10 weeks, for standard processing. Please consider processing time and when your passport will be needed in the study abroad process when determining when to apply for the Your Free Pass to a Passport Grant. Students applying to study abroad for the spring semester should consider applying for this grant the year before they plan on studying abroad in order to receive their passport in time to apply for a visa.
- Must be considering a Boston University study abroad program.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and eligible for a U.S. passport
- Must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate BU student
- Must be Pell-eligible or provide demonstrated financial need
- The Your Free Pass to a Passport Grant covers the full cost of obtaining a first-time adult U.S. passport book ($165.00) or renewal of a U.S. passport book ($130.00). The grant does not cover the cost of passport photos, postage or expedited processing.