Summer and Fall 2021 applications are open! The deadline for all Summer 2021 applications has been extended to March 15, 2021. Boston University is closely monitoring the pandemic situation around the world with respect to the resumption of its in-person Study Abroad programs. A final decision on Summer 2021 Study Abroad programming will be taken during the course of the Spring semester, with health and safety considerations uppermost in our minds. Given the current realities of the pandemic, individual programs may be adjusted in duration and content (e.g. field activities) as necessary.
The application deadline for Fall remains the same with most Fall 2021 applications due March 15, 2021. Please view the admissions calendar for exceptions to our Fall application deadlines.
A note about application materials: Our office continues to work remotely at this time. Please scan and e-mail any paper application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
Thinking about studying abroad but not sure where to start?
We have many great options for you to meet with a Study Abroad Advisor. Please review those below to determine the right fit for you!
Virtual Walk-in Hours
Mondays – Thursdays, 10AM – 4PM
Visit our Calendly page to schedule an appointment for general advising, where we can talk about:
- What you’re looking for in a program
- Our application process and choosing a program
- How to make sure our wide array of programs fits your academic and personal needs
- Program costs and planning for a semester or summer abroad
Virtual Program-Specific Advising Appointments
Visit the Calendly pages of our Program Managers below to schedule an appointment if:
- You are currently working on an application and have specific questions about your program(s) of interest
- You have already received your admissions decisions and have questions for your Program Manager
Virtual Money Matters Advising Appointments
Visit Sheerley’s Calendly page to schedule a Money Matters appointment if:
- You have questions about financing your study abroad semester
- You would like to talk to someone about grant and scholarship opportunities for your summer or semester abroad
We encourage you to schedule an appointment with Sheerley to discuss this important topic as early in your program search as possible!