Congratulations on your admission to a BU Study Abroad Program!
One of the first steps you’ll need to take is making a first payment towards the cost of your program by paying the $600 non-refundable program deposit. To do this, you will need to accept our offer of admission (“Participation Confirmation”) through your online application. In addition to confirming your spot in the program, submission of these two pre-departure materials allows our office to proceed with notifying other Boston University administrative offices that you will be off-campus and on a BU Study Abroad program for the semester.
There are five ways to pay the $600 non-refundable deposit:
- Bank Account Transfer (ACH) Pay electronically by checking account as part of the online Participation Confirmation process.
- Pay by Check On your Participation Confirmation, indicate that you will pay by check. Mail or drop off a personal check or money order made out to “Boston University” at our office: BU Study Abroad, 888 Commonwealth Avenue, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02215. Please include your name and BU ID (if known) on the check.
- Request a Deposit Waiver Request a waiver of the deposit requirement by sending an email to email@example.com. Please select “I’ve made other arrangements” as your payment method as part of the Participation Confirmation process.
- BU Student Account Credit Transfer (BU Students Only) If you have a credit balance of $600 or more on your BU Student Account, you may request a Student Account Credit Transfer from Student Accounting Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. After you submit the request, Student Accounting Services will move $600 of your valid previous semester’s credit to the current semester where it will appear as a program tuition deposit. After you submit the credit transfer request, you should monitor your student account via MyBU Student. Once you see the account adjustment post to your student account, please notify Study Abroad via email. If you do not notify us that you have taken care of your deposit in this manner, we will not know to consider your deposit paid in full and will continue to assume that payment is due.
- BU Housing Guarantee Payment (BU Students Only) BU Students – Fall Semester program participation only: If you paid your $600 Housing Guarantee Payment, BU Housing will convert your payment to a tuition deposit for Study Abroad, once you complete the Study Abroad Participation Confirmation.