- Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 110 Cummington Street
- Boston University
- Boston, MA 02215
- (617) 358-4406
- (617) 353-5866
Directions to the Photonics Center
- FROM SOUTH OR WEST
Take the Mass Turnpike (I-90) East to Exit 18, Allston/Cambridge. Exit left. Bear right following signs towards Cambridge. Take an immediate right at the Doubletree Suites onto Storrow Drive (second set of lights, but both before crossing bridge). Exit Storrow Drive at the Kenmore exit. Follow Local Directions below.
- FROM SOUTHEAST
Take I-93/Route 3 (Southeast Expressway) North to Boston. Exit onto Storrow Drive (Exit 26). Continue on Storrow Drive to the Kenmore exit. Then follow Local Directions below.
- FROM NORTH
Take I-93 or Route 1 South to Boston. Exit onto Storrow Drive (Exit 26). Continue on Storrow Drive to the Kenmore exit. Follow Local Directions below.
- LOCAL DIRECTIONS FROM THE KENMORE SQUARE EXIT OFF STORROW DRIVE
At the first set of traffic lights, turn right onto Beacon Street. At this point, the road forks; the right fork is Bay State Road, the left fork will take you into Kenmore Square. Take the left fork. When in Kenmore Square, bear right onto Commonwealth Avenue. At the fourth set of lights after Howard Johnson’s Hotel, take a left onto Saint Mary’s Street. The Photonics Center is on your left, 8 Saint Mary’s Street, and our office can be accessed by entering the Center.
- FROM PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
- Subway: Take the Green line Westbound B train and exit at BU Central (beyond Kenmore Square stop). Walk up St. Mary’s street away from Marsh Plaza one half block. The Photonics Center will be on your left. ($.85, underground transfers only)
- Bus: Exit bus #57 at St. Mary’s Street. It runs along Commonwealth Avenue from Kenmore square, Brighton Avenue through Union Square, and Cambridge Street through Brighton Center.
- FROM LOGAN AIRPORT
- Subway: Outside baggage claim, catch free shuttle bus to subway: #22 for terminals A and B, #33 for terminals C,D and E. Take Blue line ($2.00) to Government Center and change to Green line B (track is immediately atop the escalator/stairs). Follow From Public Transportation above.
- Car: Follow signs to Sumner/Callahan tunnel. After tunnel, turn right onto I-93 N. Follow From Southeast above.