The School of Education is proud to announce that it will have a group of participants running in Boston Athletic Association’s 122nd Boston Marathon on Monday, April 16th, also known as Patriots’ Day in Massachusetts, on behalf of various causes and organizations.
The Marathon, which has been hosting runners since 1897, is the world’s oldest continuously held race of its kind.
Due to the event’s prominence across the globe and its distinction as the eldest, athletes from nearly one hundred countries visited Boston for the race’s 121st edition in 2017.
Names of runners and team information can be found below:
- Kathie Nyholm (SED’17) – Bib: #13554; Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center’s “Team BIDMC – Tread Strong“
- Katie Parodi (SED’21) – Bib: #14564
- Caroline Wright (SED’12) – Bib: #26704; Boston Police Department’s “Boston Police Foundation“
- Matthew Cox (SED’02) – Bib: #26354; Martin Richard Foundation’s “Team MR8“
- Shira Catlin (SED’17) – Bib: #28037
To all of those running and/or supporting causes, thank you, and best of luck this year!