BU Wheelock Alumni Want To Buy YOU Textbooks Next Semester
Apply by June 3, 2019 for the fall 2019 semester.
Application can be found below.
Books and educators have so much in common. Both preserve stockpiles of knowledge, both pass that knowledge on to following generations, and both are vital to a student’s education. In 2006, when the Boston University Wheelock College of Education & Human Development sought to honor two of its most beloved educators, it seemed natural to do so by linking their legacies to books and other vital educational materials. The Joan Dee & Boyd Dewey Book Awards Program was born.
During more than thirty-five years at the Wheelock College of Education & Human Development, Associate Dean Joan Dee and former Associate Dean Boyd Dewey have supported, guided, and taught generations of students. They saw the rising costs of textbooks and the financial burden it placed on so many students. They were relentless advocates for student scholarships that would cover the ancillary costs (like textbooks) of a BU education. The Joan Dee and Boyd Dewey Book Awards program is funded through donations to Wheelock.
Each semester, Wheelock undergraduate and graduate scholars, who have distinguished themselves both academically and through service to the School and community, are eligible to receive this award. Just as books connect past and future scholars, contributions to the Wheelock Annual Fund connect alumni and friends of the Wheelock College of Education & Human Development to current students who will continue the tradition of excellence in teaching, counseling and administration.
- The awards are $400 for full-time undergraduate students and $200 for full-time graduate students.
- Part-time students are eligible for $100 awards.
- Students must be enrolled at the Wheelock College of Education & Human Development in a degree program.
- The undergraduate applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.0, and the graduate student applicants must have a minimum GPA of 3.5.
- The applicants must complete the application form and compose a brief statement of his/her commitment to the University and the Wheelock College of Education & Human Development.
If you have any questions about the award or application process, please contact Maryellen Madaio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply below byJune 3, 2019 for the Spring 2019 semester.