Master of Education, Online
- All programs and coursework are 100% online.
- Each program consists of 9 courses totaling 36 credits.
- Each program can be completed in two academic years (18-20 months).
- Boston University Wheelock College of Education & Human Development is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Click on your program of interest below for more details about BU Wheelock College of Education & Human Development online program requirements, coursework, faculty and more.
Key Advantages to Our Programs
The BU Wheelock College of Education & Human Development Is a Leader in Teacher Preparation & Research That Improves the Practice of Education.
- Since 1918, the Boston University Wheelock College of Education & Human Development has been preparing highly effective educators and teachers who excel in the classroom.
- Our rigorous academic offerings provide knowledge in traditional academic disciplines coupled with comprehensive training in the art and science of teaching and learning.
- We are ranked among the U.S. News and World Report’s Top 50 Graduate Schools of Education.
- Our 30,000+ graduates are academic leaders and champions of educational progress that serves the needs of all students.
- Boston University and its online programs are fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
Our Online Degree is Flexible—In More Ways Than One.
- Our online degree programs are designed to support the educational needs of students with obligations outside of school, such as work and family.
- All of our online programs offer an asynchronous, interactive learning experience, giving students a flexible course schedule with opportunities to engage with their faculty and peers.
- Students receive hands on support from faculty and our student affairs team for any academic or administrative need that may arise throughout the duration of the program.
Our Faculty Prepare Graduates to Make an Immediate Impact.
- We seek to prepare highly effective administrators and educators and, with them, elevate the practice of education through scholarship.
- Our faculty are experts whose research and fieldwork is shaping modern pedagogy and administrative practices.
- All online courses reflect the importance the Wheelock College of Education & Human Development places on equity, diversity, inclusion and social justice practices.
- Our program will expose participants to cutting-edge scholarship that is designed to improve practice and allow your professional educators to develop the critical knowledge and skills they can apply immediately.
- BU Graduates are ranked among the most employable in the world.
Take An Online Course Tour
Note: Due to current regulations in place by the State of Arkansas, residents of Arkansas are ineligible to participate in the School of Education’s online offerings at this time.