Online Master’s in Higher Education Administration
Request more information.
- Spring, summer, or fall admission
- Part-time study only
- 36 total credits
- Program duration: 18 months
For over 25 years, our program has been teaching and learning with hundreds of dynamic university administrators and now, it is available online. The online Higher Education Administration concentration of our EdM in Educational Leadership & Policy Studies develops culturally competent leaders through a specific selection of nine courses that reflect the contemporary higher education landscape and issues currently impacting colleges and universities. Students graduate our program having engaged in theory-to-practice learning that enables them to meaningfully contribute to their current and future roles as administrators involved in areas including student life, financial aid, admissions, career advisement, pre-college advisement, development, and alumni relations.
- Program Format: Part-time, 100% online, with asynchronous classes and flexible live sessions.
- Program Length: Five semesters (about two years).
- Costs & Tuition: Online credits are offered at the part-time tuition rate. Up-to-date tuition and fee information is available here.
- Total Number of Credits: 36 credits.
- Semester & Course Length: Courses are seven weeks in length. Students will typically take two 7-week classes in a 14-week semester.
- Available Start-Semesters: Fall (September), Spring (January), Summer (May).
- Transfer Credits: BU Wheelock will evaluate credits for potential transfer into an online program before an applicant submits their application or receives an admission decision. To begin the process to have your credits evaluated for potential transfer please email us at email@example.com. View our full transfer credit policy here.
- Course Content: Coursework centers on concepts of history, governance and decision-making, strategic planning, student affairs, campus ecology and student development, legal issues, research and assessment, and social justice perspectives.
- Licensure: This program of study does not lead to teaching licensure.
- Accreditation: Boston University is a fully-accredited institution.
- Application Website: Submit your application for this program online here.
- Application Deadlines: Visit the Wheelock Admissions website to view recommended application deadlines.
- Application Components: A complete overview of application components is available here.
- Statement of Qualification
- Equity & Inclusion Statement
- Unofficial Transcripts from All Previous Institutions
- Two Recommendations
- $95 non-refundable application fee
- Typical Decision Time: Admission decisions are completed within three weeks once applications are complete.
If you have questions about this program: