EdM in Curriculum & Teaching
The Master of Education (Ed.M.) in Curriculum & Teaching supports your development as a practicing and/or aspiring educator by allowing you the flexibility to pursue the educational issues that interest you most as you prepare to be an outstanding leader in teaching, coaching, and research positions.
- A customized pathway designed to enable a course of study developed collaboratively between students and their advisors;
- A pathway designed for students who, in addition to receiving their master’s degree, wish to receive an endorsement for teaching licensure;
- Several pathways that are specifically designed for online students, Teach For America corps members, and fellows affiliated with one of Wheelock’s partnering educational organizations
How long does it typically take to complete this program?
How much does this program cost?
What are the start dates for this program and when are Applications due?
When and how will I take courses?
Does this program lead to licensure?
More About Our Program
Our program emphasizes the professional talents of planning and designing instruction, creating a comprehensive interdisciplinary curriculum, broadening and deepening the knowledge base of one’s teaching, and evaluating the results of teaching. Our goal is to graduate educators who are knowledgeable and innovative in a demanding and rewarding profession.
Depending on your specialization, you’ll construct a program of study with your advisor to complete your degree. You also have the opportunity to take a number of courses with educators across the disciplines, by taking classes such as Curriculum Design, Family and Community Engagement, or Classroom Discourse, and Classroom Assessment.
- Curriculum Specialist
- Department Head/Program Director
- Professional Status Teacher
- Visit the BU Bulletin for information on this program’s academic requirements.
Stephan Ellenwood, Associate Professor
Davena Jackson, Clinical Assistant Professor
Catherine Ritz, Clinical Assistant Professor, Program Director for Curriculum & Teaching and Modern Foreign Language Education
Kaylene Stevens, Lecturer, Program Director for Social Studies Education
Eleonora Villegas-Reimers, Clinical Professor
For more information about this program and requirements for admission, please contact Program Director, Dr. Catherine Ritz, email@example.com.