EdM in Applied Human Development
- Fall admission only
- Specializations: Positive Youth Development, Physical Education & Coaching
- Minimum credits required: 36
- Full-time or part-time study
- Full-time program duration: 1 academic year
Are you looking for a program that will prepare you to be an innovator in the field of education; to implement a holistic, student-centered approach to your practice; to provide a foundation for the health and wellness of individuals throughout the lifespan; to engage families, schools, and communities in supporting healthy development?
Boston University’s Master of Education (EdM) in Applied Human Development (AHD) emphasizes the foundations of learning and development through the lifespan across interrelated developmental domains. Topics of cultural and social diversity are woven throughout our teaching, service, and research. The AHD program provides opportunities for collaboration with various disciplines within Wheelock, Boston University, and the greater Boston area.
We offer two areas of specialization for our students: Positive Youth Development and Physical Education & Coaching. The Physical Education & Coaching specialization includes three options:
- Physical Education teaching licensure
- Physical Education non-licensure
Within each specialization, our faculty advisors support and guide students to create a tailored course of study that reflects each student’s specific needs and areas of interest.
- Provides rich opportunities for hands-on learning through coursework and field experiences.
- Offers two areas of specialization: Positive Youth Development and Physical Education & Coaching.
- Includes licensure/certification option for Physical Education (PK-12).
- Matches students with faculty advisors who have specialized expertise in students’ areas of interest.
Here is what our students are saying about our program:
Learn more about our program faculty: