Wellness Fair Workshops
Workshops will be approximately 20 minutes long and require registration at the Charles River Campus.
Healthy Cooking Demonstrations REGISTER
- We will be cooking a tasty quinoa salad that can be served hot or cold. This demonstration will show how to make healthy cooking easy and great tasting. Quinoa is a great source of whole grain and protein. Since the flavor of quinoa is mild the opportunities for herbs and spices are endless! We will demonstrate basic techniques to use in the kitchen, ways to repurpose the recipe, and how to make an already budget-friendly dish even more cost effective.
Get Moving at your Desk REGISTER
- Remaining sedentary for extended periods of time may increase your risk for chronic diseases. This workshop will lead you through stretching and strengthening exercises that can be done right at your desk to help increase overall flexibility, improve posture and decrease stress levels.
Basic Strength Training Exercises REGISTER
- Research shows that strength training has profound effects on the musculoskeletal system, contributes to the maintenance of functional abilities, and helps prevent osteoporosis, muscle loss and lower-back pain. In this workshop, you will learn beginner strength training exercises that utilize body-weight, medicine balls, dumbbells and tubing.
The following workshops will also be offered at the Medical Campus Wellness Fair on a drop-in basis. (No registration required at Medical Campus.)
- Get Moving at your Desk – 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Basic Strength Training Exercises – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m.