How to Help a Student
If you need to help a student in distress, call Student Health Services at 617-353-3575.
In case of emergency, call Boston University Police Department at 617-353-2121 (Charles River Campus) or Public Safety Department at 617-414-4444 (Medical Campus).
If you are concerned about a student who is distressed, anxious, or depressed, refer to these resources
Student Behavioral Medicine/Mental Health services are available on both Charles River and Medical Campuses: call 617-353-3569 for more information.
Other BU Resources
- Sexual Assault Response and Prevention Center provides rapid, confidential, compassionate, supportive, and free-of-charge advocacy and assistance to BU students who have experienced a traumatic incident. This includes, but is not limited to, sexual assault, physical assault, interpersonal violence, and other crimes. 617-353-SARP(7277)
- The Danielsen Institute offers a variety of psychological services, including individual, group, family, and couples therapy, as well as psychological testing and assessment for adults, adolescents, and children. 617-353-3047
- The Center for Anxiety and Related Disorders (BU CARD) is an internationally known clinical and research center specializing in helping both adults and children address a range of anxiety disorders and related challenges, such as difficulties with sleep, concentration, eating, and mood. 617-353-9610
- Chaplains at Boston University Each of the University Chaplains comes from a particular religious tradition but is available to members of the community regardless of the religious affiliation. 617-353-3560
- BU Police is a full-service police department providing 24-hour patrol coverage, investigative services, and crime prevention strategies to the BU community. 617-353-2121
- Faculty & Staff Assistance Office – a free, confidential counseling and referral service for Boston University employees who may be experiencing difficulties that affect their personal lives or work performance. 617-353-5381