Forms (KERBEROS credentials will be required to submit)
Please visit this page for more information on the different types of awards. If you are unsure which form to use, please contact the UROP office at 3-2020 or email@example.com.
- Recommendation forms must be filled out by faculty mentors.
- The Standard Recommendation Form is due by midnight on the application due date.
- Recommendations are confidential. Their contents will not be shared with the applicant.
- Your recommendation should address the student’s qualifications for the proposed research project. The selection committee frequently weighs these comments heavily when rating applications. Please keep this in mind when explaining why you are recommending the student for UROP funding.
- If matching funds are not available, we encourage you to note this fact and provide a brief explanation. We prefer to reserve SRAs (which are fully funded by UROP) for deserving students whose mentors are truly unable to contribute to the stipend.
- If your student is applying for a FROG award (which will be transferred to the mentor’s department to purchase supplies related to the student’s research) then the recommendation should provide some justification for the proposed purchases that are listed in the student’s application.
- A unique recommendation must be submitted for each application. If recommending two students to work on the same project, please address their individual strengths and contributions. If recommending continuing research on a previously funded project, please address the caliber of work done so far and the expected benefits of continuing work on the project.
- Faculty mentors must read the student’s application prior to submission. The selection committee does not look favorably on applications that have not been reviewed by the mentor.