Meet our leadership, staff, and advisors.
UROP activities are managed by the program director, professional staff, and our Faculty Advisory Committee. Under Dr. Chip Celenza’s leadership, UROP is committed to igniting student passions, expanding research opportunities, and engaging faculty mentors. Call us at 617-353-2020, send us an email at email@example.com, or stop by the office to get to know us better.
Faculty Advisory Committee
The Faculty Advisory Committee advises staff on matters of academic policy and reviews applications for most UROP awards. Full-time BU faculty members from all disciplines are invited to join the committee. If you are interested in joining , contact our office (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Chip Celenza (email@example.com).
Members for 2017–2018:
- James Bird, ENG Mechanical Engineering
- John Celenza, CAS Biology
- Daniel Cifuentes Buira, MED Biochemistry
- Elizabeth Co, CAS Biology
- Kathleen Corriveau, SED Applied Human Development
- Patricia Cortes, QST Markets, Public Policy, & Law
- Stephanie Curenton, SED Curriculum & Teaching
- Alpaslan Dedeoglu, MED Alzheimer’s Disease Center
- Mary Dunlop, ENG Biomedical Engineering
- Phil Haberkern, CAS History
- Shoai Hattori, CAS Neuroscience
- Jeremy Menchik, Pardee International Studies
- Philip Muirhead, CAS Astronomy
- Joshua Pederson, CGS Humanities
- Shannon Sauer-Zavala, CAS Psychological & Brain Sciences
- Joe Tien, ENG Biomedical Engineering
- Bob Varelas, MED Biochemistry
- Adrian Whitty, CAS Chemistry