Meet our leadership, staff, and advisors.
UROP activities are managed by faculty leaders, professional staff members, and our Faculty Advisory Committee. Under Paul Lipton’s leadership, UROP is committed to igniting student passions, expanding research opportunities, and engaging faculty mentors. Call 617-353-2020, send an email, or stop by the office to get to know us better.
Student employees assist our professional staff and are available to answer questions about program offerings and application forms. They can be reached at email@example.com or by calling the UROP office.
Faculty Advisory Committee
The Faculty Advisory Committee advises staff on matters of academic policy and reviews applications for most UROP awards. Full-time BU faculty members from all disciplines are invited to join the Committee. If interested, contact our office or Dr. Lipton.
Members for 2014–2015
- James Bird, ENG Mechanical Engineering
- Kathleen Corriveau, SED Curriculum & Teaching
- Jeff Furman, QUESTROM Strategy & Innovation
- Philip Haberkern, CAS History
- Ajay Joshi, ENG Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Megan Macgarvie, QUESTROM, Markets, Public Policy & Law
- John M. Marston, CAS Archaeology and Anthropology
- Jordana Muroff, SSW School of Social Work
- Joshua Pederson, CGS Humanities Division
- Valentina Perissi, MED Biochemistry
- Tyler Perrachione, SAR Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences
- Sibaji Sarkar, MED Cancer Center
- Scott Schaus, CAS Chemistry
- Karin Schon, MED Anatomy & Neurobiology
- Anna Swan, ENG Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Joe Tien, ENG, ENG Biomedical Engineering